Friday, January 22, 2010

SUYL: Where I Shop

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I am cheap. I was raised to be frugal growing up and now I'm frugal by necessity. My husband is a pastor and I'm a stay-at-home-mom, so funds are limited. The problem is, is that my husband needs to dress nice, I like to dress cute, and I like to dress my two children cute. So, I have to get VERY creative to stretch our meager clothing budget and to dress nicely.

I do the majority of my shopping at my mom's consignment store in Boise, Idaho called ReNewed Expressions. It's a really fun place to shop and only carries the nicest used clothing. They are very particular about what they carry. And, their prices are always good! I frequently have credit there, as well, from consigning my own clothing, so that makes my budget stretch even further. The only problem is, is that I don't live in Boise, so I only get to shop there 3-4 times a year when I go to visit.

For fill-in shopping I frequent our nearest GAP outlet (GAP Generation or something) and can always find great deals on basic tops and jeans. Last time I was in I found awesome jeans for $7.99 and $9.99! Since GAP outlet has changed to GAP Generation I've also been able to find great deals on clothing for my husband there which is a huge plus, because I find men's clothes much more difficult to find cheap.

For more ideas on where other women shop visit Kelly's Korner!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had a great consignment store like that in my area! The one we have doesnt have very nice things and they charge an arm and a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...our consignment shops are not very umm appealing at all..lol.. I love etsy, I love your hats, they are so cute, I am definitely going to check them out!! BTW, your little ones are soo adorable..thanks for sharing, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete